Wednesday 8 August 2012

Workout A - 08/08/12

Workout 33


SQUAT

Barx10
60kgx5
70kgx5
80kgx5
90kgx5
105kgx7 PR

DB BENCH

16kgx10
26kgx5
31kgx5
36kgx5 PR

INCLINE BB

2x60kgx10

DIPS

BW+20kgx8
BW+20kgx7

Squats felt great, I am really learning to be patient under the bar and grind out sets. It's a new state of mind which is really paying off, and these were all ATG too. 

Last time I did DB bench I was struggling to get sets of 5 with 28kg, so this workout was an unknown quantity. Felt strong on these, hopefully will be throwing around the 40s in the next few months. Incline was awesome, I love the mind-muscle connection I get when doing it, and the burn in the last few reps was insane. Just couldn't get the last rep of dips, my chest, front delts and triceps were truly mulched from all the pressing beforehand. This workout really does just feel like a chest rape, but I think it's a good thing because my chest size and width is a weak point, and it's nice being able to do my squats and bench and then just worry about exhausting the muscles. 

Also, the dumbbells are 5.5kg each, and the two spring collars are 250g each, so that means 6kg straight off the bat in case anyone was wondering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment