Tuesday 21 August 2012

Cut update - Week 5

So after 5 weeks of cutting things are starting to settle in. The cravings for high carb foods are still pretty strong, but I can resist for the most part. My guilty pleasure are some beers on the weekend. I feel like for the last couple of weeks I've been getting a tiny bit lax, so I should be thankful that I have continued to lose weight:


Start: 82.0kg
Week 1: 80.6kg
Week 2: 79.8kg
Week 3: 79.1kg
Week 4: 78.5kg
Week 5: 78.0kg

So it's steadily going down. The only thing that's irking me is that even though my weight is dropping, I'm looking no different than I did a week or two ago. I know better than to throw the baby out with the bathwater, as I'm sure that one day I'll wake up and start looking way leaner and cut up. It's just a bit hard to stick to the gameplan when it feels like I'm not coming out on top.

My diet is pretty much the same, I'm eating 4 eggs/ 3 quiches (bacon, potato, pumpkin, cheese, onion, egg) for breakfast (30g protein), 300g of tuna for a snack (50g protein), and chicken for lunch (50g protein), then whatever is going for dinner to get in some carbs and fats (last night was roast and veg). Still hitting around the 2200 cals mark, sometimes on the weekends going over (going to Montville and eating awesome cheeses and other foods did not help).

I feel much weaker during training, it seems like after squatting I'm tired for bench, and the same with my deadlifts last week; though my pressing and pull ups didn't suffer. On another note, I'm going to start doing OHP twice a week to get it up, going to do some after my bench today. Exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment