Monday 28 May 2012

Workout Misc. 26/05/12

Workout 17

DEADLIFT

60kgx5
80kgx5
110kgx3
120kgx3 PR DOH
130kgx1 PR

BENCH

60kgx5
70kgx5
80kgx5
85kgx3 PR
80kgx4

INCLINE DB

3x25kgx8

DIPS SUPERSETTED WITH PULL UPS

3xBWx10

CABLE FLYES AND PUSHDOWNS

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK

Went to a commercial gym with my friend, hated working out with limited equipment and bros all around. I'm going to get on my high horse here (in this case a clydesdale) and say that 99% of the people there were absolute chumps that were wasting their time. I have no problem if people train differently to me, but I take umbridge when people are training for an hour and leave having achieved nothing whatsoever.

You can probably guess by now that I hate isolation exercises, and this workout did nothing to stem that flow of disdain. Why would I use some machine when there is a barbell on the floor that gets me stronger faster, in more muscles, and hones my nervous system at the same time? Why train at all if you don't want to become a more athletic specimen?

I can go on and on and on about this, but I'll save some of my rage for the gym. The point is, barbell training trains your psyche, your willpower, and your body; machines train your ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment