Monday 14 May 2012

Workout Misc. 14/05/12

Workout 12

SQUAT

2x40kgx3 PAUSED
60kgx5
80kgx5
2x90kgx5
100kgx3 PR

CLEANS

Barx5
3x40kgx3
15x60kgx1

MUSCLE SNATCH

15xBarx3
5x25kgx3

Worked out with ma buddeh Mitch, he helped me out with my clean form, and got me to do muscle snatches because I want to learn how to snatch and he wants me to learn the right way, just the same as he is doing. I honestly thought 90kg on squats would be tough, but once I knew I hadn't lost strength after 2 weeks off and while still sick, I just went to 2 plates for a bit of a test. The triple was easy, last rep was a bit slower but I was fatigued already from the sets on 90kg, could have gotten 5 anyway. I'll do 92.5kg squats next workout anyway, I want to stay on the gravy train of linear progression for as long as possible, so no skipping ahead for the sake of boosting my ego on my weak as lifting. Feels great to be back!

2 comments:

  1. So much more to teach you man, today I learnt how to muscle snatch more smoothly, snatch squat with 2 second pauses down the bottom, he fixed up my alignment at the top of the snatch, then learnt proper power clean form (quite a bit different to what we learnt).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited man! I've been reading Miles' blog, he knows his shit, did you know he coached a guy to a Commonwealth Gold?? I may start doing some light snatch squats with the bar then after you show me how, going to keep practicing muscle snatches too. I love learning :)

      Delete