Thursday 24 May 2012

Workout A - 24/05/12

Workout 16

SQUAT

2x40kgx3 PAUSED
60kgx5
90kgx3
3x102.5kgx5 PR

BENCH

40kgx5
65kgx5
3x77.5kgx5 PR


DEADLIFT

60kgx5
90kgx3
110kgx5 PR



Before anyone says anything, yes I realise the 4th deadlift rep looked horrible, I knew it as soon as I pulled it and I should have set my hips lower.

Now that that's behind us, time to get on my soapbox and talk about this workout. Squats were tough, harder than I would have liked them to be. I truly think it's because I got drunk the night before while watching State of Origin, as squats were tough on 97.5kg on Saturday as well after a night of drinking.

Bench was easy as, the last set was a tad tough, but that's only because I had restless feet and only had 1-2 minutes between each set. Other than that, turns out getting back to benching BW is not so hard after all. Working out with Scott on Saturday, and he doesn't do full body workouts, so I'm thinking instead of Workout B I'll just find my squat 3RM or something, as well as bench 3RM. Nice to break up the workouts every now and then, and a good tonic to the system to shock myself into adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment