Tuesday 12 June 2012

Workout B - 07/06/12

Workout 19


SQUAT

2x40kgx3 Paused
60kgx5
90kgx3
100kgx1
2x110kgx5 PR
110kgx3FAIL



PRESS

40kgx5
50kgx5
3x57.5kgx5 PR

BB ROW

60kgx5
70kgx5
2x80kgx5 PR
80kgx8 PR



DIPS

BWx5
2xBW+22.5kgx5

Finally failed on squats. I'm working from recollection, so forgive my lack of detail. Went down on the failed rep and lost tightness at the bottom big time, torso crumpled and I lunged forward onto my knee to dump it on the lower rack of the squat rack. Everything else was fine.

NOTE: The camera is wonky on the squat video which makes it look like I have a much bigger forward lean than I do in actuality. Of course when I reset I will correct the bar path, but it's PR territory and my form is still 85% good in my eyes. Critiquing is welcome

2 comments:

  1. Don't bother taping the rows, they are what they are, I'd much rather see the OHP form. Squats are looking fine dude, but very tough, heaps of heavy breathing between sets, which is what you'd expect for a hard set of 5. You've got 112.5kg in the bag I reckon. Nice work with the bench too, made 80 look easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ohp form is fine, I tape the rows because it's nice to check in and let people know I'm still using semi-strict form and not just heaving the weight. Squats are tough no matter what weight, looks like I'll be resetting to 100kg now anyway

      Delete