Monday 30 April 2012

Workout A - 30/04/12

Workout 11

SQUAT

2x40kgx3 Paused
60kgx5
85kgx3
3x95kgx5 PR

Almost fell over in both the first and second sets, had none of the rhythm I've become so accustomed to in my squatting of late. I was leaning over too far and not keeping my chest up, and it was so tough I almost didn't do the 3rd set. I'm glad I did though because I kept my back tight, raised my chest and gutsed it out and really set myself up well for the rest of the workout. I'm really proud of that last set because I was pretty shaken after the first two.

BENCH

40kgx5
60kgx5
3x72.5kgx5

DEADLIFT

60kgx5
80kgx3
3x100kgx5 PR



I did 3 sets of deadlifts because I wasn't setting my hips low enough on the first set, the second set I forgot to record and so the third set was confirmation that I was keeping good form. The bar was much closer to my body this time around, and I felt much more powerful and centred. I'm definitely getting bigger too, just looking at the video above and the first one's I posted, arms, legs and shoulders are thickening up nicely.

Check out my garage gym, complete with brand new weight tree!


Overall the toughest workout so far, but it's because I've been eating poorly the last few days and so it's no surprise it was hard. So today I'm going to get in 4500+ cals and recover as best I can for the next workout!

2 comments:

  1. You're in dire need of some dumbells my friend, I will probably wait till your birthday and buy you some eheh, weights tree is sexy I wish we had one.

    Almost falling over in squats = buy some shoes (in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want some shoes, going to wait a month or two and get them after some saving up! Coming oh so close to the 2 plate atg squat, need to recover quickly now. I'm eating a whole heap of trail mix as I type!

      Delete