Monday 9 April 2012

Workout A - 07/04/12

Workout 5

SQUAT

40kgx12
60kgx5
70kgx3
3x80kgx5

BENCH

Barx15
40kgx5
3x60kgx5 Paused


On the second last rep of squats I felt a twinge in my glute, definitely came from my piriformis syndrome which was properly diagnosed last week by a physio/sports masseur. Hence why I skipped deadlifts, the pain was shocking so I did bench and had a boiling hot shower. Even getting my arch for bench was painful, but the pain subsided the next day. I went to town on with the foam rolling on my glute, and today I actually feel better than I did before I twinged it. I'm going to the physio this Saturday and he's going to give me dry needling. Hoping after another couple of treatments I can put this niggling injury to bed. Nutrition was ok over the Easter weekend, ate a lot of food but not necessarily good food of course. Back on the horse today!

2 comments:

  1. be sure to foam roll and stretch your glutes
    do you think it happened due to a lack of flexibility or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a recurring injury for so long, originally did it doing lunges. The physio says it's a tough one to foam roll because it's so deep in the glute. Need to buy a foam roller, because at the moment I use a spiky ball and a tennis ball, neither of which work well on my quads and hip flexors. Thanks for following man!

    ReplyDelete