Thursday 7 March 2013

Madcows - Week 3, Day 2

SQUAT

Barx10
40kgx5
60kgx5
70kgx5
80kgx5
80kgx5

NOTES: These felt like shit the first few sets, still really sore from 7 games of ultimate last Saturday. The 70 and 80kg sets felt great, nice and slow but strong. I like these recovery squat sets.

OVERHEAD PRESS

Barx10
35kgx5
42.5kgx5
50kgx5
55kgx5

DEADLIFT

60kgx5 
NOPE

NOTES: 50kgx5 was tougher than it should have been, but 55kgx5 was simple enough (probably had another 1-2 reps in me). Really good form today even though strength wasn't the best.

STANDING DB PRESS

22kgx5 PR
16kgx10
16kgx8
16kgx8

NOTES: These messed me up something good. Need to remember to not fully lockout and keep tension on the lateral delts, as well as not instinctively push me chest up as I would in regular OHP.

DB ROWS

36kgx8
38.5kgx6
38.5kgx6
38.5kgx10 PR

NOTES: These feel more locked in every time, the last set was touch and go until rep 8, great mind-muscle connection on these with my lats; now just need to engage my traps more.

WORKOUT NOTES: I wasn't feeling very strong because my hamstrings were sore from ultimate. The right one felt terrible just warming up for deadlifts, so I didn't see the point in attempting 130kgx5 and hurting myself. 

Actually most exercises went well, the standing DB press needs some form work but apart from that squats were smooth, OHP was solid and I went quite heavy on the rows and still smashed it so a good day overall. 

Time to start eating more carbs and stop this recomp silliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment