Monday 11 March 2013

Madcows - Week 3, Day 3


SQUAT

Barx15
40kgx5
60kgx5
70kgx5
80kgx5
90kgx5
102.5kgx3

NOTES: Easy money, everything was feeling good. I was getting a bit of ropiness in my left hamstring during the warm ups and it felt like it might get twingey, so I rolled out the outside of the hamstring and it fixed it right up. Bruises all over my hamstrings this morning from rolling, the wife was not impressed by my masochism. Took a slightly wider stance and pushed knees out more than usual.

BENCH

Barx15
40kgx5
50kgx5
60kgx5
70kgx5
80kgx3

NOTES: Easy stuff, last rep was on the road to being grinding but only because my right wrist position was for shit. Overall I see a lot of potential improvement here, my mental cues for the lift are improving and it’s showing through in the speed of the reps.

PENDLAY ROW

40kgx5
50kgx5
57.5kgx5
65kgx5
72.5kgx5

NOTES: Last two reps were annoyingly hard, I should have rested more. I did all these sets in around 8 minutes, which is ridiculous now I think about it. Just need to remember to set my back and keep my forearms loose before the initial pull.

INCLINE DB BENCH

28.5kgx8
28.5kgx8
28.5kgx9 PR

NOTES: This was great, last time I could only get 7 and this time I exceeded my goal of 8. Reps were super controlled with no lockout at the top, I think next time I should go for 2x10 and 1xAMRAP if it’s feeling good. 


WORKOUT NOTES: This was a strange workout. I finished it in 38 minutes, which is good; but I forgot the 1x8 back off sets on every exercise as well as doing 5 reps instead of 3 on pendlay rows. Oh well, I’ll do the same amount of reps next workout with the back off set included.


Apart from that weirdness it went swimmingly, with everything feeling pretty solid. It has definitely helped now I’ve started upping my carbs again, which I think will have to continue in a big way to get through the next 2 months or so of the program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment