Sunday 20 January 2013

Workout 5 - Upper

Sunday 20/01/2013

WIDE GRIP OVERHEAD PRESS
Barx10
30kgx10
40kgx5
50kgx5
50kgx5
50kgx5

NOTES: Felt strong, very controlled and tight. Need to work on stance to make a more stable base, but even still probably had another 2 reps on the last set.

PULL UPS

BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

NOTES: Little rest and did 1 second eccentrics, which turned out to make the movement a lot tougher. Will be back to weighted ones next workout.

PAUSE BENCH

40kgx10
60kgx8
60kgx8
60kgx8
60kgx8

NOTES: Pausing makes this lift almost impossible for me, my chest is weak obviously and I use my triceps too much in it usually. This will be a staple exercise now.

PENDLAY ROWS

60kgx8
60kgx8
60kgx8

NOTES: I'm terrible at this lift, these reps were so hard.

DB INCLINE BENCH

26kgx9
26kgx6
26kgx6

NOTES: Slow & controlled, no lockout at the top either! Massive chest burn, the last two sets killed me.
WORKOUT NOTES: It felt great to be back at 50kg for OHP, also because my grip is almost 5cm wider each side. Pull ups felt great, favourite exercise of the day. Pause bench is weak so I will become strong at it and I should grow, same goes for pendlay rows. If you don't know what a pendlay row is, it's taken from the floor as opposed to hang position and hits the mid-back more than a conventional barbell row:


No comments:

Post a Comment