Monday 7 January 2013

Workout 3 - Upper

Monday January 7

OVERHEAD PRESS
Legs were far too sore, seriously.

CHIN UPS

BWx5
BWx5
BW+12.5kgx5
BW+12.5kgx5
BW+12.5kgx5

NOTES: Slow down the eccentric even more, felt fine overall and arms were getting slaughtered.

DB BENCH

16kgx10
26kgx10
32kgx8
32kgx8 PR
32kgx8 PR

NOTES: Crazily difficult, really slow and controlled and made sure to not fully lockout at the top. Work harder and concentrate more next time.

BB ROWS

65kgx10
65kgx10

NOTES: Squeeze traps and lats more at the top, might go up to 70kg then go back to 60kg and do more sets and slower reps. Include a pause at the top and a controlled eccentric.

INCLINE FLYES

16kgx15
16kgx13

NOTES: These gave me the most insane chest and arm pump. This is definitely the exercise that will give me more mass, but remember to not cock my wrists to activate chest more and take the effort off my biceps.

WORKOUT NOTES

I honestly couldn't OHP, it was bad. My legs are still sore this morning 3 days later, but then again I did move 4960kg of weight in my squat workout the other day, which is double what I usually do!

However my focus was good on the chins, bench and flyes. However I really didn't focus on the rows and so didn't get the burn I should have, poor effort. Will rectify it next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment