Wednesday 28 August 2013

Full Body Workout 3

BENCH

Barx10
40kgx10
50kgx5
60kgx5
65kgx10
65kgx10
65kgx10
65kgx10

NOTES: I was going to bench 75kgx5 on one of these sets but I decided that it was not the time to push that button. By the last set I was really feeling a good contraction without having to flare my elbows to finish the lift, and my back was tight while my hip drive was coming off without a hitch; so I'm content.

DEADLIFT

60kgx5
80kgx5
100kgx5
120kgx5

NOTES: 120kg was no belt, after not deadlifting since Archie was born 3 months ago. The last rep was loose but out of carelessness rather than weakness, which is actually more condemnable so I don't know why I'm making that discernment. 

WORKOUT NOTES: Nice deadlift comeback, next time I think I will up the weight by 2.5kg and add in another warm-up set on 110kg just to add some more volume in. Overall the form was strong with the shoes.

Bench went well, I'm hoping I can keep oscillating the sets and reps to bring my proprioception back up to speed while building my base back up again. I think next time I'm going to try and bench 3x70kgx8 just to really make sure I keep coming back to a certain weight to 'conquer' it before moving up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment