Wednesday 21 August 2013

Bench Workout

BENCH

Barx10
40kgx10
50kgx8
60kgx5
70kgx5
70kgx5
70kgx8

WORKOUT NOTES: All is not lost. I've been terribly tired and one-track minded as of late, so to get this relatively easy workout out of the way was a good choice. Not much can be said except that 70kgx8 (over BW, I weigh a shocking 69kg right now) is a pretty decent result for someone who has only benched twice in the last 3 months.

The next step will be to find an easy routine that will allow me to workout twice a week while making some sort of attempt at periodic or linear progress. I think my 'routine' from now on should look like this:

DAY 1: Pendlay Row, Squat
Day 2: Bench, Deadlift

I really see no other options here, other than throwing in OHP and front squats as a 3rd day if it comes to that. So yeah, this is me actually making plans in the future to workout on a consistent basis, which is incredibly uplifting and liberating. I need weights to de-stress as well as feel physically worthy of having over 1.5K of equipment behind a door in my home. Not only that, but lifting consistently always pushes me to take better care of myself in general and get some much-needed discipline into multiple facets of my life, most of all my nutrition. 

Even though in reality all I did was lie down on a bench for 15 minutes on a Wednesday night trying to get up a sweat and not embarrass myself, I can say that it was a start, which as we can all attest to is the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment