Wednesday 22 May 2013

Madcows - Week 11, Day 1

SQUAT

Barx10
72.5kgx5
85kgx5
97.5kgx5
107.5kgx5
120kgx5 PR

NOTES: The 107.5kgx5 set was dogshit, just shocking. The weight was light but my knees and hips were completely off kilter. 120kgx5 felt better, but still felt like I had forgotten how to squat a bit.

BENCH

Barx10
50kgx5 
60kgx5
70kgx5
80kgx5
92.5kgx3 Fail
80kgx8 PR

NOTES: Didn't even attempt a 4th rep. Once again, I just felt like I had no solidity in my base setup, my back was moving a lot which is never good. Did the back off set with 80kg just to prove I wasn't a total failure. 95kgx3 will go.

PENDLAY ROW

50kgx5
60kgx5
70kgx5
80kgx5
90kgx5 PR

NOTES: These felt decent, though my lower back was feeling a bit pumped and slow to fire from the squats and strangely the bench. 

WORKOUT NOTES: This was not a good workout by any stretch of the imagination. After taking 6 days off due to sickness and lack of time, I felt like I had forgotten how to properly do the exercises; like I had lost a bit of an edge. No matter, I will simply have to eat through it and be ready for deadlifts and overhead press on Saturday. 

Also, I have some myofascial work to do, my hamstrings feel tight like they're about to twinge while my neck and delts are tight all the time now. This is probably where I should put more effort into active release and try to avoid injury.  

No comments:

Post a Comment