Sunday 12 May 2013

Madcows 5x5 - Week 10, Day 2

SQUAT

Barx10
70kgx5
80kgx5
90kgx5
100kgx5
100kgx5

NOTES: Easy mate.

OVERHEAD PRESS

Barx10
42.5kgx5
50kgx5
57.5kgx5
65kgx5 PR 

NOTES: Out of all the bench, squat, row and deadlift PRs, this was definitely the sweetest. I have craved this PR for so long, to get it is awesome. This means that I will be aiming for a BW overhead press by the end of this routine.

DEADLIFT

60kgx5
80kgx5
100kgx5
120kgx5
145kgx5 PR



NOTES: This was beast, not because it was easy but because it was hard. My form stayed tight and I managed to keep good speed off the floor. I need to eat more.

WORKOUT NOTES: One of the best workouts in terms of overcoming tough sets ever; I pushed myself this workout. The press is not going to keep progressing with the 5x5 setup, I've made 5kg of progress on this routine so I won't get too greedy and burn out. 70kgx3 next workout. 

The deadlift was hard, but once I have chalk it won't be. My grip is the limiting factor for sure, the bar always feels slippery on deads. 

In terms of my physical progress, I'm really psyched. So far on the routine I've only gained 1.5kg, so it means I've added lean gains without getting fat. Obviously the deeper in the routine I go the more I'm going to need to go into surplus to keep up, but I'm confident I won't get above 16% body fat or so from here on out. My chest, forearms and back are really growing fast, and I'm retaining some level of vascularity so it helps me determine how much bigger I'm getting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment