Wednesday 29 May 2013

Madcows 5x5 - Week 11, Day 3

SQUAT

Barx10
72.5kgx5
85kgx5
100kgx5
110kgx5
122.5kgx3 PR
100kgx9 PR


NOTES: Sweet. Form was strong and descent was nice and controlled. The 110kg set felt like I had 10, quite happy with the depth on my sets too.

BENCH

Barx10
60kgx5
67.5kgx5
75kgx5
85kgx5
95kgx2 PR FAILED


NOTES: This was bad. I don't know what's happened since 90kgx5, I think I've just forgotten how to drive effectively. Some active release and a reset to 87.5kgx5 will do the trick I hope.

PENDLAY ROW

60kgx5
70kgx5
77.5kgx5
85kgx5
92.5kgx3 PR
80kgx8 PR



NOTES: Awyeah, my rows are stronger than my bench (as they probably should be). I filmed the back-off set of 80kgx8 instead of the top set because I thought it would be more interesting than a pendlay row triple.

INCLINE FLYS
21kgx10 PR
21kgx8 PR

NOTES: These were surprisingly good. For some reason I have ridiculously strong flys, these were to 'parallel' and very slow. The last couple of reps on the second set were agonising. 

WORKOUT NOTES: Goddamn bench press, I'm just weak at that lift right now. I need to get more thoracic mobility and get my setup right, because right now it feels like I don't have an active and stable base to press from. 

Other than that, this was actually a really good workout. Squats were unsurprisingly easy, though the triple days always are, it's the next workout which is the real money-maker. My rows just keep getting stronger and my form is still good, so I don't see any reason to start micro-loading yet (which is probably what I'll need to do for my bench). Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment