Wednesday 21 March 2012

Workout A - 21/03/12

WORKOUT 1


SQUAT

Barx10
40kgx5
50kgx5
3x60kgx5

This felt great with my new and improved ATG Olympic style form, last set was almost hard, but that happens when you take almost two months off. Will be adding 5kg next workout so I should be hitting PRs for all my lifts by week 4 and 5.

BENCH

Barx10
40kgx10
3x50kgx5

Got some great mind-muscle connection going, very easy so I really worked on my arch and keeping my lats as a shelf for the duration of the lift. It was great practice and my hand felt fine.

DEADLIFT

40kgx5
50kgx5
60kgx5
70kgx5


These felt awesome, will have to keep working on engaging my glutes and hamstrings by sitting back more. Easy as hell thank God.


A great first workout back, adding 5kg to bench and squat and 10kg to deadlift next Workout A. Did 10mins of stretching then went upstairs and had a well deserved shower. Within 5 mins of the workout it flooded back to me why I love lifting so much; I never forgot but it was a great affirmation to have after 7 weeks without the Iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment